[OSM-talk] JOSM landsat plugin... do people want a 'slippy' style interface?

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sat Oct 21 22:43:41 BST 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 11:32, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Yesterday Steve suggested that the Landsat plugin might be better if it
> adopted a slippy approach, i.e. as you move round the map, data
> automatically gets downloaded when you move into new areas. Or are people
> happy with the current approach of manually downloading data?
>
> If I remember right the slippy approach had some difficulties fitting round
> the internal architecture of JOSM so it would be quite a big job... hence I
> would only intend to do it if there was a big demand for it.
>
> Whatever the case I aim to restore the feature in my hacked (pre-plugin)
> version of JOSM where you could download more than one landsat layer in and
> select between them.

Another thing which might be great for the landsat plugin would be an
automatic ordering. This would mean, that new downloaded images are
automatically placed under all other vector data. And new downloaded landsat
images are sorted between the existing landsat images, so you can always see
the image with the most resolution on top and the one with the lowest
resolution at the bottom.

-
Joerg