[OSM-talk] Another use of OSM data

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 17:04:46 GMT 2006

On 10/31/06, Steve Chilton <S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk> wrote:

> Is all London tube network in place in OSM (I would have thought so but
> haven't looked)?

No, and a long way from it. I considered buying a travelcard last weekend to
try and sort out at least all the SW-area stations, but it's a large
project. Also been toying with the fact that it'll fall into place when all
the streets in an area get mapped, so it's a question of priorities.

If not can any of this be ported (haven't even had time to look at
> licence)?

Can't find a license for the data, other than it being claimed to be in the
public domain. There's no indication of where it actually came from.

c.f
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_geographic_maps/Tablesvs
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tube_Stations