[OSM-talk] [OTish] Free, geocoded photo database?

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Tue Sep 5 20:14:58 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 14:12 +0200, Thomas Walraet wrote:
> Nick Hill a écrit :
> >
> > On a related issue, is there a free software application which can
> > combine a folder of photos and a GPX track putting the lat/lon/ele into
> > the EXIF tag of the photo?
>
> Imi said once that he will add this to JOSM if someone point him to a
> free library to handle EXIF in Java.

I wanted to try geocoding my photos too and think that it would be great
if JOSM could do this as an extra option after pulling in the geocoded
photos.

The C library at http://www.exiv2.org/ looks good to reading and writing
EXIF tags. Perhaps it might be possible to auto-generate some Java
bindings using http://www.swig.org/

	Jon