[OSM-talk] Megastar

Wollschaf mith at uni.de
Wed Sep 6 23:55:15 BST 2006

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:40:46 +0000, Ben Robbins wrote:

> ... I think counting/noting the amount of nodes created (for example),
> might be a better system

I fear it is not.

I have encountered several "ways" in Italy that were created automatically
using JOSM , with a tracklog as basis that presumably has one point /
second resolution - without deleting anything. Thus, as many nodes and
segments as tracklog points exist. It's an awful lot  in that area [1],
sometimes even without underlying gpx data . Makes my computer cry to go
there ;)

I deleted a lot of redundant data (somewhere different from [1]), but it's
a lot of work.

Measuring mapping activity by a certain user is hard, and it should be
discouraged to enter too much data just to get higher in the stats.

Wollschaf

[1]
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=45.43385102147311&lon=10.885863876375641&zoom=11