[OSM-talk] GPS scribble in JOSM

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 10:27:19 BST 2006

You have "Draw lines between raw gps points" turned on in preferences and
this feature does not work with downloaded gps points from the server via
the API. This is because all points from the API are delivered in bulk and
while there is in theory some logical order there is no way for JOSM to
understand where one track starts and another finishes nor to guarantee that
the order of delivered points is logical. The "Draw lines between raw gps
points" is only really beneficial for individual tracklogs (your own or
public ones downloaded from the "GPS traces" page). Its most beneficial use
is for those individual tracklogs which have sparse coverage in a small
geographical area. Make it much easier to see the route the log takes.
Personally though since I log at 1 sec intervals I don’t find I need to use
this feature very often.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Andy