[OSM-talk] uploading gpx files. how to?

TM tm at 8k.se
Sun Sep 10 18:35:51 BST 2006

Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> I want to upload raw gpx files. As I found you guys not too much verbose
> about the details doing this I tell you what I do to achieve this.
>
> 1. I load the file into JOSM
> 2. I change it to to data layer (German Version says Daten-Ebene) I get
> red dots on the window with blue lines between them.
> 3. I click on the "upload to OSM" button.
> 4. it starts uploading, from time to time it stops and it tells me
> "parsing error occured"
> 5. persistently I press the button "upload to OSM" again, repeating this
> until all data appears to be uploaded.
>
> Would you please comment this for me
Once the dots are red and connected, it's no longer raw GPS data. If you
search the archives you'll probably find plenty of posts discouraging
the "convert to data layer" feature in JOSM (although it does have its
merits.) In fact, I don't think JOSM even supports raw GPX uploads.

The parsing errors seem to occur every now and then, and are probably
network errors. This is not related to the actual data uploaded.

For GPX uploads, just use the form on the web server.

    /   TM