[OSM-talk] A quick mapping extravaganza in Reading

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sun Sep 10 18:54:41 BST 2006

Ahoy,

I'm a bit addicted to maps :) On the last mapping weekend we did this:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Image:Weekend_traces.png
http://tom.acrewoods.net/files/osm/map.png

I'm leaving Reading in a couple of weeks and I'd like to have one last blast
at getting some more of the town done. This time we have lots of 'cells'
marked out that can be done by an individual in a half or full day, so less
faffing around. We also have some bits that need doing by car, either because
they'd be long trips otherwise or because bikes tend to be eaten on those
roads.

SO... if anyone is interested in mapping a bit more of Reading next Saturday
(16th) and perhaps Sunday, let me know. So far it will be me and possibly
Robert Scott. If everyone else is busy then I'll just do some more myself :)
Again, there's a spare room for long distance travellers, and a shortage of
GPS units if anyone has spare.

Regards,
Tom

--
The task of critique is not to denounce the ideals, but to show their
transformation into ideologies, and to challenge the ideology in the