[OSM-talk] Map Feature default |was: Re: Annotation presets]

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 13 01:32:10 BST 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 00:58, matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk wrote:
> Argh! Noooooo!
>
> Footpaths are not for cycling on. Ditto for pavements. Cycling on a
> pavement is illegal; that's what roads are for*. If cycling on
> footpaths/pavements was allowed, why do you think they created cycle ways?
> **
>
> Just wish the police would hand out substantial fines for all the annoying
> people who do cycle on footpaths. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have
> the resources :(.

Don't worry - I don't cycle on pavements. I don't even cycle on cycleways
parallel to roads because they tend to take me off in the wrong direction. I
only mark things in this way because the majority of paths I mark are small -
bollards onto main roads at the end of dead ends and other cut-throughs.

I find it a bit silly to call these cycleways because they're so small.

robert.