[OSM-talk] Front page design

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Thu Sep 14 11:01:57 BST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Robinson" <Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk>
To: "'Nick Whitelegg'" <nick at hogweed.org>; <talk at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Front page design

> There appears to be 100% support for Richards approach, perhaps with one
> or
> two minor tweaks but essentially as he originally displayed it.

It gets my vote.

A few minor points

1) I'd like to see on the front page links to other language versions of the
front page

2) Personally I don't like the phrase "We're drawing a free map of the
world", as I think the project is about more than just drawing maps, maybe
"We're mapping the world for free", but I may be splitting hairs here.

3) I'd replace the current square logo and words OpenStreetMap with the
longer more rectangular logo (osm-button.svg in SVN).

David