[OSM-talk] Is there a How-To for a mapping weekend?

Ralf at Zimmermann.com Ralf at Zimmermann.com
Mon Sep 18 13:07:54 BST 2006

Hi there,

As there have been some mapping weekends in the UK already, I thought maybe the participants would want to write a How-To on this. I am especially interessted in   their experiences:
- which procedure works well, which dosn't?
- would you do two passes, taking GPS tracks in the first, then taking some time off converting that data to segments with JOSM and then do a second pass with JOSM running on a Notebook, creating all the ways and tagging them correctly?
- Is it good to have many people?

I searched through the wiki a little but found only very little information on this. Have I missed that information or is it just not there?

If it is not there, would anyone like to share his experience and extend the wiki with some hints?

Ralf
Munich, Germany