[OSM-talk] Navi GPS SD card woe, any advice?

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 22:21:42 BST 2006

Hi,

I know a fair few of the OSM'ers are Navi GPS users, and I got mine on
the basis of the review on the wiki. I've been using my Navi GPS for
just over a week now and I'm having loads of problems using SD cards
for logging and wondered if anyone has any advice?

Only 2 of the 4 SD cards that I own are recognised by the device, of
these about 50% of the time when using either of them the GPS writes
garbage data to the SD card although the other 50% of the time it works
perfectly, unfortunately you don't find out about this until after
getting your track logs and trying to pull them off the SD card.

Now, is there any way that anyone knows of that I can tell if I have a
faulty unit? or is this the only 2.7V supplied to the SD card slot bug?
I'd really like to get mapping with this unit but the basic
unreliability i'm getting is really making it a chore (so far I've lost
over 30km worth of tracks). Also, does anyone know of an SD card that
I can purchase that will 100% certainly be happy in a NAVI gps?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
Avoid ID cards, renew your passport: http://www.renewforfreedom.org/