[OSM-talk] Tracks, Byways, Footways, Bridleways, Rivers....!?

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 23:24:48 BST 2006

Ben,

Tracks etc: This really is a problem between what the way is physically and
what its rights are administratively or what is use is. These are three
separate things and we currently don’t have Map_Features set up to think
this way. The next version of Map Features (assuming I get to it before
anyone else) will split these up so that features can be tagged more
descriptively.

Waterways: There is a problem rendering a big river and a small stream
properly if you use river alone/ Of course you could measure the width and
use a width attribute but that’s not easy to do in the field. Needs a bit
more thought as to how to describe the width for better rendering.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk