[OSM-talk] Problems with Osmarender

Wollschaf mith at uni.de
Sun Sep 24 21:59:55 BST 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:41:10 +0000, Ben Robbins wrote:

> Does anyone know what I'm doing so wrong?

Osmarender ignores segments that are not included in ways - it is possible
to render all segments by editing the files (look for the comments), but I
do not know if the highway tag is still used when forcing that.

I believe that segments which are not included in a way should be
rendered, as long as descriptive tags can be found. I think the best
approach is to merge all tags found in a way down to the segments
(existing segment tags override way tags) and then render the segments. As
the "intelligence" of Osmarender is limited by its technology, I do not
know if it can be achieved at all.

Wollschaf