[OSM-talk] Osmabrowser v0.0.1 -- an interactive Osmarender browser

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Sep 29 14:32:58 BST 2006

Sent by:        talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org
To:     Nick Whitelegg <nick at hogweed.org>
cc:     talk at openstreetmap.org
Subject:        Re: [OSM-talk] Osmabrowser v0.0.1 -- an interactive
Osmarender      browser

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 21:01 +0100, Nick Whitelegg wrote:

>> Tested only in Firefox 1.5 on Linux.

>It works (albeit very slowly) on the highly patched Ubuntu version of
>Iceweasel (Firefox) 2.0b2.  Strange thing is that it is a huge amount
>slower (renders the default image, then freezes) in Epiphany, which uses
>the same rendering engine that Iceweasel uses.

That's the second report to the list about SVG being much slower in
Firefox 2.0-beta than 1.5 (the first related to manual generation of
Osmarender maps, IIRC) Is it worth contacting the developers I wonder?

Doesn't work in IE/Adobe SVG Viewer by the way (neither the XHTML+SVG
version nor the plain SVG version). It could be a namespace issue (even in
the SVG-only version ATM, the default namespace is html; I really need to
correct this)

Nick