[OSM-talk] mc labs osm planet updated

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Apr 7 13:16:45 BST 2007

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 09:07:13AM +0100, Artem Pavlenko wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> >http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/
> >
> >is now running against the latest planet.
> >
> >Because of the upgrades to the software, it's currently running on a
> >rather slow box, and gets bogged down occasionally. I'm working on
> >moving this to a faster machine, which should hopefully be moving
> >forward sometime next week.
> >
> >Hopefully this resolves the 'annoying' aspect of the page :)
> >

> Very good! Any chance you could run http://trac.openstreetmap.org/
> browser/utils/mapnik/setup_z_order.sql
> on your postgis database? This step is required to create extra
> tables, set up z ordering and fix couple things.
>
> Alternatively, experimental osm2pgsql ( http://trac.openstreetmap.org/
> browser/utils/osm2pgsql/experimental ) should handle this automatically.

The machine it's running on is pretty much curled up in a ball and
crying: I don't want to push it any harder than I have to, but I just
got a new quad-core xeon with etch set up, so I'll move to that machine
soon and I'll move to the experimental osm2pgsql code.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta