[OSM-talk] mc labs osm planet updated

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Apr 7 15:15:52 BST 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 10:30:27PM -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/
>
> is now running against the latest planet.
>
> Because of the upgrades to the software, it's currently running on a
> rather slow box, and gets bogged down occasionally. I'm working on
> moving this to a faster machine, which should hopefully be moving
> forward sometime next week.
>
> Hopefully this resolves the 'annoying' aspect of the page :)
>
> Note that the click-to-query feature editing is still running on old
> data, so that feature is less useful than it could be.

Okay, looking at it, I'm confused.

http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/?lat=7322412.90887&lon=-178685.14335&zoom=8&layers=B00

looks like it should be rendering at the same scale as

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=54.98575879272253&lon=-1.616142279174903&zoom=10

-- the resolution rported via map.getResolution() is the same. but the
styles on the OSM one look *totally* different to the styles on the labs
one. What'd I do wrong?

http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/osm.xml is the osm.xml file that's
behind the rendering. It's checked out from SVN as of ~1 day ago, and
tweaked only to set up my database parameters.

What'd I screw up?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt