[OSM-talk] adjoining ways with the same name

David Bishop tech at gnuconsulting.com
Tue Apr 10 22:25:44 BST 2007

What should you do when you have adjoining ways with the same name, that
are split for some reason?  I.e., a road gets wider or turns into a one
way for a small stretch, etc.  Osmarender seems to want to put the
street name on each way, no matter how short it is, so you end up with
stuff like:

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Tiles/tile.php/17/28047/49077.png

(Toledo Street gets much wider right at the end, hence the seperate
way).

I would assume (and have mapping with this assumption) that the renderer
would notice the next section has the same name, and not worry about it.

Or, maybe more likely, do I just not know how to tag stuff like this
right, and it should all be one way :-)  *shrug*  I'm still fairly
newbie-ish, and using the lint plugin, already found a ton of things
that I've been doing wrong (thanks, josm-lint-plugin-guys!)

David Bishop