[OSM-talk] adjoining ways with the same name

David Bishop tech at gnuconsulting.com
Wed Apr 11 02:49:09 BST 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:24:50AM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> David Bishop wrote:
> > I would assume (and have mapping with this assumption) that the renderer
> > would notice the next section has the same name, and not worry about it.
> >
> As a newbie myself I'm using the osmarender plugin and see how it looks
> like in the firefox output.

I'm going to have to check that out.  Thanks!

> But having - where possible and useful - something like a "syntax check"
> right while you are editing seems a lot more time saving than to check
> things afterwards.

Having a syntax checker that works on the fly would be awesome, agreed.
However, most of the things I was doing wrong were simply a matter of
not knowing it was wrong in the first place (creating ways with more
than two endpoints, for example).  The dreaded 'tagged a section, not a
way' error is generally pretty easily spotted: it stays green :-)

David