[OSM-talk] Need help with mathematics for runways

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri Apr 20 11:41:44 BST 2007

Jon Burgess wrote:

> The original DAFIF runway data file (ARPT/RWY.TXT) contains the two end
> points of the runway so you can use this as a direct answer if you have
> it.

The Current X-Plane/FlightGear airport database contains _much_ more
than DAFIF. This affects not only taxiways and other airport layout -
to my knowledge DAFIF only features the runways. Robin's collection
also includes fixes to incorrect runway definitions (yes, DAFIF
definitely contains errors) as well as a huge lot of airfields that
don't show up in DAFIF at all.

Cheerio,
	Martin.