[OSM-talk] highway = viaduct deprecated?

Ben Companjen bencompanjen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 17:13:57 BST 2007

Hi,

I wondered if there is a special reason for not warning people not to use
highway=viaduct whereas we are discouraged to use higway=bridge. The word
viaduct itself means "bridge carrying a road", a bridge carrying water is an
aquaduct.

As I see it, highway = viaduct, especially for usage on a node, should be
marked deprecated. Perhaps it is good to move it to a wiki page "Deprecated
Features" and remove it (and highway = bridge) from Map Features?

Regards,

Ben

--
de Campusomroep: op en achter UTV en Uradio! www.campusomroep.nl