[OSM-talk] Blue sea tiles for tiles at home

J.D. Schmidt jdsmobile at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:06:03 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm skrev:
> David,
>
>  > I cant work out what is wrong with the coastline ways / segments which
>  > might be causing the rendering problems at
>  >
> http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=6588050.96444&lon=-111234.9613&zoom=12&layers=B000
>
> That looks evil! Might be a problem in the algorithm too. I'll investigate.
>
> Bye
> Frederik

I've seen the same in Copenhagen, for tile 2191,1281, and found the reason.

That tile's bounding box includes 2 segments of a coastline at the lower
  left corner of the tile. The algorithm then connects the top leftmost
node of any coastline segment that might be there, to the bottom
leftmost coastline segment, giving the render result seen in both
Portsmouth and here in Copenhagen.

By manually moving the nodes of those two segments involved a bit
further south, so they fall outside the tile's bounding box, the tile
renders correctly.

I've called the mayor and asked her to get the building dept. of
Copenhagen to fill in that part of the canal with concrete, so it
reflects the map. ;)

Frederik, can you try and fix, so I can move the nodes back to their
original position ?

J.D. "Dutch" Schmidt