[OSM-talk] map history [was: Student project ideas?]

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:55:17 BST 2007

> * visualising changes over a specified period
> * notifying users of changes in a specified area that is more precise than
> the previous RSS feed system

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Feeds#Activity_in_OpenStreetMap_itself

I've been wondering about this - what else already exists?  The RSS
links on the above page don't work for me, other than traces?

The API can show history.  JOSM seems to have a "history" pane, which
last time I checked said something like "coming soon".

What other tools exist?

It seems to me that the API would currently allow one to build a feed
for "Recent Changes" in a given bounding box.  (eg, daily, get_map,
grep changes since we last checked).

How that is represented would be harder, and it doesn't sound like the
most efficient use of database resources.