[OSM-talk] Pedestrian crossings and barriers

Thu Aug 2 10:19:57 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:

>> [quoting Tom Chance]
>> Another approach would be to have localised editing software, so
>> Andy loads JOSM/Potlach and selects the toucan crossing option, but it
>> actually adds the longhand tags to the database.
>
> JOSM already supports that, it is called "tagging presets" (formerly
> "annotation presets"), you just have to edit an XML file to describe
> your types of crossings. You can even add pretty symbols to each.

...and if you want to add your proposals for Potlatch to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Potlatch/Proposed_presets
(ideally marking the exact tags that you think should be used), I can
make it do the same.

cheers
Richard