[OSM-talk] Pedestrian crossings and barriers

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu Aug 2 23:19:43 BST 2007

Andy Allan wrote:
> On 8/2/07, Alex Mauer <hawke at hawkesnest.net> wrote:
>
> Feel free to continue to hurl abuse at me.

Yeah, I may have gotten carried away there.  But I was rather offended
at "those who don't want to learn new words" -- as if "pelican" or
"toucan" are new words to me.

I apologize for any offense that I may have given.

> Much preferable to
> constructive discussions, of course.

It doesn't change the valid points I made:
* Those names are have no meaning to anyone outside of the UK, let alone
someone who doesn't speak English natively.
* It appears to be possible to eat your cake and have it to, by using
JOSM's tag presets as suggested by Frederick Ramm.

> I suggest you calm down, and think of how massively insignificant this
> argument you're trying to have with me is really.

I'm not trying to have an argument, I just became very frustrated when
you came up with a proposal, other people explained some problems with
your approach and came up with a solution to those problems, and then
you said "[Too bad,] I'm sticking to [ *my way* ] ... until someone else
comes up with something *better* [that uses only one tag]".

-Alex Mauer "hawke"