[OSM-talk] Mapnik style in slippy map

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Aug 3 09:41:44 BST 2007

In message <46B1FCF3.8010809 at siliconcircus.com>
        Jon Bright <jon at siliconcircus.com> wrote:

> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>>
>> And yes, there *really* are 20740 nodes that carry a tag whose key is
>> "moved according to town brige in Mandal and Åvik(/Åvig) harbor)" and
>> whose value is empty.
>
> Ah, ok.  I did this on my local copy of last week's planet:
>
> mysql> select min(latitude),max(latitude),min(longitude),max(longitude)
> from nodes where tags like '%moved according to town brige%';
> +-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+----------------+
> | min(latitude)   | max(latitude)   | min(longitude)  | max(longitude) |
> +-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+----------------+
> | 57.959404392448 | 58.293820392448 | 6.6953863808472 | 7.8398423808472|
> +-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+----------------+
> 1 row in set (14.34 sec)
>
> Having loaded that area into JOSM (from the normal server, not my local
> one) and selected all nodes, I can't see those tags.  There are two
> reasons I can think of this:

The problem is that what you're looking for isn't really a tag at
all - it's part of a value. Looking at one of those nodes in the
database shows us that the tags field is:

  source=PGS(could be inacurately;moved according to town brige in Mandal and Åvik(/Åvig) harbor);created_by=almien_coastlines

now that should be two key value pairs:

  source=PGS(could be inacurately;moved according to town brige in Mandal and Åvik(/Åvig) harbor)
  created_by=almien_coastlines

but because we use semicolon as the separator the semicolon in the
middle of the first key's value is also being treated as a separator
and causing an additional key with no value to appear in the output
of the API and planet etc...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)