[OSM-talk] Mapnik style in slippy map

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Aug 3 13:48:04 BST 2007

Hi,

> And yet, there are things that Mapnik renders that Osmarender does
> not.
> This park, for example:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=47.673&lon=-122.3130&zoom=16

It would be rendered if it were a park. But it is tagged as
landuse=recreation_ground, and those are indeed missing form tiles at home.

I object to Richard's notion that tiles at home aims for completeness
while Mapnik aims for beautiful maps. I know that 80n does invest a
lot of time in making Osmarender/tiles at home produce beautiful maps as
well, and the tiles at home style sheets *do* leave out many POI details
for beauty's sake.

Bye
Frederik