[OSM-talk] Mapnik style in slippy map

Stephen Gower socks-openstreetmap.org at earth.li
Sat Aug 4 14:06:59 BST 2007

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 01:03:05PM +0100, Steve Chilton wrote:
>Stephen Gower wrote:
>>
>>the problem: a Google pin in the middle of two pints of beer -
>>what's that supposed to mean?!> Zoom once more (one more + click) and you get the answer.
>
> Either the Guide has the pin in the wrong place or OSM has the pub
> in the wrong place (it is the left of the two).

  Yeah - I think O.O.O is wrong - I recall I derived that from
  clicking on streetmap.co.uk before the days when I had a GPS
  device.

  As things stand, having pub icons isn't really a problem - I'm just
  expressing caution about putting in too many more icons *if* we
  want the Mapnik layer to be useful for mashups.