[OSM-talk] Mapnik style in slippy map

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sat Aug 4 14:29:57 BST 2007

>   As things stand, having pub icons isn't really a problem - I'm just
>   expressing caution about putting in too many more icons *if* we
>   want the Mapnik layer to be useful for mashups.

I think we'll have to have at least 2 different layers in the very long term.
One with the normal icon scheme. And another one for mashups where we only
have a really reduced set of icons. But for this to be possible we'll first
have to have enough hardware to host the different layers on different
machines.

-
Joerg