[OSM-talk] Is gosmore broken with the latest planet file?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Aug 5 17:40:14 BST 2007

[Nic Roets]
>> Should I increase the values in svn?
>
> Good idea.

Done.  I added 20% to all the values, and will see if that is enough.

>> Is there some way to get gosmore to use less memory?
>
> Not high up on the TODO list.

OK.

> line 891 :
>   wayBuildType *w = (wayBuildType *) calloc (sizeof (*w), 3000000);

Your code do not seem to be the same as the code in svn.  The code in
svn had 2000000 as this value.  I am guessing it is the max number of
ways, and moved it as a constant next to the others using MAX_WAYS as
the name.

I've added a simple README file to svn.  I would like to include
information about where to send patches and improvements.  What is the
prefered address for that?

Also, would it be an idea to change the path to gosmore.pak from the
current directory to some location under the users home directory like
~/.gosmore/gosmore.pak, to make the program more useful to start from
a graphical desktop using the menu?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen