[OSM-talk] Is gosmore broken with the latest planet file?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Aug 5 19:10:49 BST 2007

[Nic Roets]
> >>   wayBuildType *w = (wayBuildType *) calloc (sizeof (*w), 3000000);
>
> That was the new thumb suck value.

I am not sure I understand this comment.  Some English idiom?

>> I would like to include information about where to send patches and
>> improvements
>
> I don't mind where the latest code is stored, as long as
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Gosmore
> tells you where the "best" version is and what it does.

I mean, which email address to recommend as the contact address for
gosmore.  It is lacking from the wiki page and the README file.

>> Also, would it be an idea to change the path to gosmore.pak
> Feel free to change it. For creating packages a short term solution
> may be to hardcode it to something like /usr/share/gosmore/gosmore.pak

I suspect /usr/share/gosmore/gosmore.pak, /var/lib/gosmore/gosmore.pak
and ~/.gosmore/gosmore.pak should be checked, in that order, and when
writing it should try to write to /var/lib/gosmore/gosmore.pak first
and fail over to ~/.gosmore/gosmore.pak if the access is missing.  At
least to me that seem closest to the Linux Software Base spec.

I'll see if I can find time to code such behaviour.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen