[OSM-talk] Osmarender naming short ways

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Mon Aug 6 04:16:41 BST 2007

I have a trunk road, ref 1 that crosses a number of streams and rivers by bridges. The bridges are all seperate ways with bridge=yes, layer=1.

Osmarender is naming each short bridge section with the highway name and reference number and it looks just plain bad. Is there a tag to hint to the renderer to not display the name of a way?

I would prefer not to remove the name from the way as maplint/validator complains and it doesn't seem right. The same problem applies to roundabouts where Osmarender writes the highway name around the roundabout.

Thanks,
Brent.
Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer