[OSM-talk] New tool: Generate coastlines from Landsat imagery

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:06:40 BST 2007

On 8/4/07, Darryl Shpak <darryl at shpak.ca> wrote:
> I've just checked in Lakewalker, a tool that can be used to
> automatically generate coastline data from NASA's Landsat imagery. I've
> used it to trace a lot of the lakes and islands in my area; an example
> can be seen at
> http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=53&lon=-100.5&zoom=12&layers=0B00F000

Cool! Thanks!

One question: do you think it is hard to port into Java? My idea is to
have such thing also directly available on JOSM. Other said: does it
required specific pythom imaging features not available in Java?

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- #UIN: 15146515 JID: guyou at im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille at hotmail.com
-=- mailto:guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com