[OSM-talk] Fedora users - build your slippy map

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 11:48:10 BST 2007

Hello,

To encourage people to use Mapnik, and hopefully to start contributing
to its development, I've put together some packages and instructions for
taking a planet.osm file and creating your own web based slippy map:

	http://www.passback.org.uk/maps/fedora.shtml

I have started the process of submitting the Mapnik RPM for inclusion in
the Fedora proper, once that is complete I will start submitting the
other packages as well.

There are a couple of things I'd like to do to improve the installation:

1) Fix the Mapnik/SELinux problems so that you don't need to disable
SELinux.

2) Add the database configuration commands to the post-install script of
the osm-slippymap RPM so that the database setup is automated.

Any other feedback or suggestions welcome,

Keith.