[OSM-talk] highway=restarea?

Alex S. maps at swavely.com
Thu Aug 9 16:57:36 BST 2007

In the USA, along side the Interstate highways, and in some cases US and
State Routes, there are marked 'Rest Areas' where there is: parking
(often segregated between cars and HGVs/vehicles with trailers, but not
always); restrooms; usually a dog walk; occasionally free coffee;
sometimes Wi-Fi access.

If there are services (fuel, cafe, etc), there's usually a small town
(village sized or so) associated with it.

At least that's the case everywhere I've been.