[OSM-talk] Fedora users - build your slippy map

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 14:38:51 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 14:34 +0100, Artem Pavlenko wrote:
> On 09/08/07, Keith Sharp <kms at passback.co.uk> wrote:

> > 1) Fix the Mapnik/SELinux problems so that you don't need to disable
> > SELinux.
>
> Could you remind me what is the problem with SELinux? And if anything
> should be done on Mapnik's side. I've upgraded to scons to 0.97 and
> this seems to fixed couple problems, have you tried it ?

The SELinux problem seems to show itself when using
Apache/TileCache/Mapnik.  The symptom is that nothing is rendered and
you get SELinux related log entries, I think in /var/log/messages.  ISTR
that Jon Burgess has reported similar problems.  I don't think it will
be difficult to fix, just need to capture the log messages and run them
past the Fedora SELinux mailing list.

Keith.