[OSM-talk] Bus stops

Lachlan Rogers lachlan at rogers.name
Fri Aug 10 01:35:38 BST 2007

It would make sense to do something similar to what is often done with
amenity=fuel nodes.  You can place the bus stop node off the main highway
way on the correct side.  Then simply connect it to the main way with two
segments in a short oneway=yes highway=service way.

This would both make it clear which side of the road the bus stop was on,
and also make it obvious (to human readers and autorouting-utilities) that
the bus stop was connected to the main highway way.

- Lachlan