[OSM-talk] Slippymap Question

Bone Killian vitki at bonius.com
Fri Aug 10 19:10:50 BST 2007

I have been trying to follow the directions on "Deploying your own
slippymap" but I do not understand the openlayers syntax.  The wiki
article says to look at the informationfreeway source, which I have
done.  Perhaps I am dense, but I can't make my slippymap work.

Can anyone explain this to me?

layerTilesAtHome = new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS(
		"tiles at home (direct)",
		"http://tah.dev.openstreetmap.org/Tiles/tile/",
		{type:'png', getURL: get_osm_url, displayOutsideMaxExtent: true } );

I gather that we're creating a new TMS layer (What is TMS?).
We give it a name "tiles at home (direct)"
We point it to the folder with all the tiles in it.
What does this last line mean?  Are there multiple possible kinds of TMS
layers?  What is a MaxExtent?  What does getURL do?

Thanks,
Bone