[OSM-talk] JOSM nearclick plugin for tablet and optical mouse users

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sun Aug 12 12:36:37 BST 2007

I have updated the nearclick plugin for JOSM which means you don't have
to hold your tablet pen or mouse absolutely stationery when you do a
click to get a node (or anything else) in JOSM.

It's only a trivial thing, but very annoying, that if you have a
slippery optical mouse or a tablet you may find you don't always get a
node when you click because you move it very slightly while clicking.

The previous version didn't really work properly, and it now also has a
configurable distance over which it operates (I found the previously
built-in 7 pixels really wasn't enough on my tablet).

I have added a wiki page for it alongside the other plugins
   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM/Plugins#Plugin_list
to offer a download from my site and also amended the plugins page at
josm.eigenheimstrasse.de

This is the first time I've done this, so I hope the procedure is
correct. The source that goes along with it is committed, of course,
assuming I got this right - seems to have worked.

David