[OSM-talk] 3D mouse

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 12 13:44:37 BST 2007

The topic of a 3D mouse came up in the pub during the anniversary party
yesterday. I've seen several adverts for the Space Navigator which is
priced at £39 for personal use. http://shop.3dconnexion.co.uk/

It is advertised as working out-of-the-box with Google Earth on Windows.
I don't own one of these so can not give any direct feedback about
whether it would be good for OSM (JOSM etc).

I did a little research into Linux compatibility and it seems this
device appears as a 6 axis USB HID device and can be used as an input
device via /dev/input or X.Org: http://www.linux.com/articles/60918
http://www.fedorawiki.de/index.php/SpaceNavigator (German)

	Jon