[OSM-talk] Mapnik Rendering of Tiled Objects

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 12 16:14:59 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 14:47 -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
> With a lake that has been tiled because it's bigger than a zoom 12
> tile, is there a way to let mapnik know that it should be rendered at
> lower zoom levels? For all of t at h's issues at low zoom, it shows the
> lake at zoom 6 as it should.
>
> http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=34.5061695227788&lon=-82.7690759773226&zoom=7&layers=0B00F000

The Mapnik osm.xml style file lists how things should be displayed and a
range of applicable zoom levels. In the case of lakes, it says they
should only be rendered for zoom 10+.

If we want lakes rendered at lower zooms then we just need to adjust the
appropriate range of zooms in the osm.xml. As was discussed on IRC, the
suggestion currently is to add them for all zooms. This should be OK so
long as it does not take an unreasonable amount of time to render the
low zoom tiles.

	Jon