[OSM-talk] Survey: notebooks

DavidD thewinch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 16:39:51 BST 2007

On 12/08/07, OJW <streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk> wrote:
> How many people here use paper notebooks to record street names and such like?
> (i.e. pages full of "waypoint 153 = Hewson Road, 154 = pub: Vine Inn...")

I used to but found using a digital camera was faster and less error
prone. My spelling and handwriting are not great. When I am home
editing I have plenty of time to read text off the photo and double
check it has been entered correctly.

I also found paper a pain when the weather isn't nice. It's not easy
to write with gloves on. Wind, rain and mud can also cause problems.
Paper also doesn't handle being stuffed into a pocket very well.

--
DavidD