[OSM-talk] Potlatch and the destruction of good work (N6 Ireland)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 21:54:17 BST 2007

> Would it be legal for you to send that guy an email saying that some of
> his edits are being discussed on this list (+URL of posting) and that
> while his identity was of course protected it would be very helpful if
> he could contact Dermot McNally or so?

Coming a bit late, but it seems yo me that since we have this
messaging system it should be possible for other users to be able to
send a message to the last editor of an object. So if you see a way
has been broken and can send the message, without actually knowing who
you're sending it to.

(Personally I'm of the opinion that the user ID is not privacy
sensitive, and I couldn't care less about what their display name is.
You can hide that if you feel like it...).

Have a nice day,