[OSM-talk] Survey: notebooks

Jason Reid osm at bowvalleytechnologies.com
Mon Aug 13 03:58:25 BST 2007

OJW wrote:
> How many people here use paper notebooks to record street names and such like?
> (i.e. pages full of "waypoint 153 = Hewson Road, 154 = pub: Vine Inn...")

I've been playing with recording directly to my MP3 player/recorder, it
works pretty well as a lot of the time that I am out I am driving. If
I'm on foot usually use a small digital camera, found a very cheap
(read: $10 CAD) keychain camera that works not too badly except for its
time synchronization is pretty bad. I used a notebook once or twice, it
generally its a lot of hassle and like others have mentioned, can be a
bit of a challenge to decipher at the end of the day.

-Jason Reid