[OSM-talk] Survey: notebooks

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Mon Aug 13 08:55:44 BST 2007

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 12:39:40AM +0100, 80n wrote:
> I've tried all the mentioned methods.  This is the best method:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Dictacam.  Use a camera to record
> voice notes.

Honestly, I'm a bit afraid I'd look even more lunatic, walking around, taking pictures o street signs and muttering to my camera. People already stare now :-)

> Most cameras that I've examined have this feature, but usually you have to
> RTFM to find out how to do it.

Good tip. i looked and my Panasonic Lumix apparently has that too. Handy, I'll try it out.

> But I always carry a notepad and pen as backup because my camera has a habit
> of running out of either battery charge or memory before I run out of roads

I just ordered a mobile solar charger which can charge my PDA and GPS on the fly. I'm just happy I don't have to watch myself wearing all that gear :-)

spaetz