[OSM-talk] Survey: notebooks

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 10:37:57 BST 2007

Here's my "rig"

http://www.slideshare.net/mikel_maron/openstreetmap-at-university-of-sussex/36

I load up the latest map on my Garmin. Print out the area I'm mapping, with Yahoo imagery if available. If it's a completely new area, blank A4.
That's an A4 clipboard, cut in half, and attached to the handlebars with pull-ties. Draw a logical diagram of the streets and features.

If we had a competition for most geek and suspicious looking mapper, I'd hope to come in near the top. I think the bike with the dials & control panel at SOTM would win.