[OSM-talk] Howto retrieve permalink

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Tue Aug 14 00:08:22 BST 2007

Tom Hughes schrieb:
> In message <46C0BC88.4010402 at web.de>
>           Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at web.de> wrote:
>

>> There should be enough space, e.g. below "Map key" to show a permalink.
>>

> Not really - it's OK when you're logged in, but when you aren't
> things are already pushed a long way down in that column.
>
> Tom

Well, I don't care to put it below "Map key", to put it right to "sign
up", put it right to "GPS traces", or whatever else fits into the screen
resolution. However, I agree this should be visible on any usual screen
resolution, as even 800*400 seems to be not an uncommon resolution for
some current "internet tablets".

My point is that the current "right click onView" is currently *not*
intuitive for the average user, so it would be a very good idea IMHO to
have a permalink on the page *somewhere*, where it can be found without
reading three pages of documentation ;-)

And I guess that the permalink is a very important feature that is
really helpful for a lot of users, so again IMHO this should be more
prominent on the osm page ...

Regards, ULFL