[OSM-talk] Howto retrieve permalink

Darryl Shpak darryl at shpak.ca
Tue Aug 14 00:20:38 BST 2007

Ulf Lamping wrote:
> My point is that the current "right click onView" is currently *not*
> intuitive for the average user, so it would be a very good idea IMHO to
> have a permalink on the page *somewhere*, where it can be found without
> reading three pages of documentation ;-)

Count this as another vote for "Wow, I would have never figured that out
on my own".

Personally, I think floating in one corner of the map is a fairly
obvious place to put it, but I don't know if that's easily done. Another
possibility would be the top-right corner of the page, next to the "log
in | sign up" links...though after you log in, that area gets pretty
crowded already.

- Darryl