[OSM-talk] Howto retrieve permalink

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Tue Aug 14 02:29:16 BST 2007

On 14 Aug 2007, at 00:56, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> A link could also appear in an idea I've had on my list since SOTM:
>> - Adding an "export" tab to the main page.
>
> I like that because it would make it immediately clear where we're
> different from the "others".

+1, I'd been thinking along the same line, even just to download an
area's .osm would be useful.

I do think, though, that having a link entitled "permalink" or
possibly even something more user friendly as well (i.e. as well as
the export tab, not as well as the permalink link) would be useful.
I'm not the best person to judge with my big widescreen display but
I'd say that I don't see the left hand side getting big when I'm
logged in, but I also don't think this is the ideal place. My vote
would most likely be somewhere on the top bar, either on the right,
or on the left but not styled to look like a tab (and for the record,
I also didn't realise about the "View" link until I was told).

John