[OSM-talk] buildings

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Tue Aug 14 08:11:34 BST 2007

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 11:37:04AM -0500, Darryl Shpak wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>
> Is this considered a "good" way to create areas? I'm doing some landuse=
> tagging, and the obvious borders tend to be things like roads and train
> tracks. I've avoided using the existing segments to create the landuse=
> ways, because the segments would not be pointing in consistent
> directions...but if this is "ok", it would make my work easier, and I
> think it would also make the data cleaner.
 I do it like this all the time. most of the time landuse areas etc border at roads or other linear fetaures. I reuse segments wherever possible (also if somebody moves a road a bit, the corresponding landuse gets moved with it, I'd consider that a feature).

Of course maplint complains like hell about the areas where arrows point in different directions. I ignore it here.

spaetz