[OSM-talk] Hiking Trails

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Tue Aug 14 13:45:31 BST 2007

spaetz <osm at sspaeth.de> wrote:

> *sigh* What prevents you from doing a highway=track;bicycle=yes as it is
> described in the map features page?

Shure, thats how I do this right now. Anyway, looks like I did not get the
correct translation for "landwirtschaftlicher Weg" these are usually
asphaltic cycle/footways which I usually map as highway=service.

I think openstreetmap has a huge potential for hikers and cyclists, as there
is currently no good proprietary digital map-stuff in a lot of countries in
contrast to digital map-stuff for motorists.

I think we could enlist many of these people more easily if we have a
generic Data Model which is less motorist-centric.

Sven

--
Um Kontrolle Ihres Kontos wiederzugewinnen, klicken Sie bitte auf das
Verbindungsgebrüll. (aus einer Ebay fishing Mail)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web